Friday, March 2, 2012

Remembering the Holiday Workshop at Quartier Mode

Getting started 



Flora intently working on her floral brooch
Floral brooch making!


Orla 


Nadia

Flora
In the midst of the winter cold, I convinced 2 groups of eager seamstresses ( & seamsters -for men!) to come & visit me at my Mentee's Tiffany's Store, the brand new local boutique Quartier Mode.
For 2 days, I patiently taught each person to create 2 different accessories which I knew would compliment their wardrobe. The excitement was incredible, in the first evening I had a large group of diverse characters from Musicians to Math teachers, Jewellery designers,Journalists,Fashion Historians, Radio Hosts & more. I even had 2 men in the mix who created a joint gift for their mother. The 2nd day I decided to go easy & had a smaller more compact group of ladies, they were so focused & determined. The result of their work showed it, in lucious leopard prints,soft greys, black & white flowers, ruffly greens & plaids.
I was so excited to share my knowledge of tailoring & couture to those who are new to it!


No comments: